26/09/2012

NOTHING IN NOTHINGNESS

I have been tried.
I have faced the trials.
I endured all the tests.
Can't say I emerged unscathed.
I bear many scars.
And some wounds have yet to heal.
The pain still remains.
All the anger and rage.
I have seen much, maybe too much,
All the horror, all the terror.
I cannot erase it from my mind.
I am haunted by all the visions.
I scream at night.
All the darkness, all the evil.
There's no rest for this wicked man.
No escape from the torment I know.
I am cold.
I am weary.
I just want to rest awhile.
Sleep the rest of my so-called life away.
But there is little hope for me.
My faith is in tatters.
So much I have known.
So much I have seen.
I just want to forget, put it far out of my mind.
But my demons won't let me.
I am a prisoner inside my own mind.
Where am I?
Who am I?
Where did I come from?
Where am I going?
Frustration is slowly killing me.
Confusion.
Chaos.
Anarchy.
I am dark.
I wear a noose 'round my neck.
One day I'm going to take that last jump.
It doesn't really matter.
No one knows of me.
Forgotten, forsaken.
Non-existent.
I will disappear into the nothingness.
Shrouded in black blacker than black.
I do not care.
I am not here.
I am not there.
I am so weary.
Let me rest restlessly.
This is my lament.
I am buried.
I will decay and rot.
I do not care.
I am nothing in nothingness.

SCOTT DAVID BUCKLEY-(26/09/2012)

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to know what you think of this poem.