18/10/2012

BEING ME IS ALL I KNOW WHO TO BE

I can only be me.
Such as I am.
I am the only one I know who to be.
I sometimes forget who I am.
I lose myself somewhere along the way.
But I have a friend who always finds me.
And brings me back to me.
No matter how many little pieces I am in.
He always finds a way to make me whole again.
So I keep on being me.
As much as I hurt myself sometimes.
I keep on being me.
I know I am not alone.
I have a brother's shoulder to rest on.
Together we walk along the path I have chosen.
Even when the going gets tough.
Even when times get hard.
He is a solid assurance.
He gets me through everything.
He pulls me through it all.
He is the one who makes this one one.
Makes me a better me.
I know who I am.
I know where I am going.
I am the only one who decides my destiny,
  my future.
I trust in only one.
I follow one.
My gaze is fixed on Him.
He is my only one.
The only one who gave my life back to me.
The only voice of reason I listen to.
I only know one thing.
I am the only one who can be me.
I know only one, I am the only one.
God is the only one who truely knows who I am.
Who I am going to be.
I will do my best to leave behind the one 
  I used to be.
The best I know how.
I will do my best not to dwell on who 
  I think I need to be.
Here I am.
Just me, just one, but, someone.
Someone who is known.
Such as I am.

SCOTT DAVID BUCKLEY-(18/10/2012)

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to know what you think of this poem.