14/11/2012

STAINED

My hands are stained with Your blood.
I was the one screaming: "GUILTY!!!"
I was the one beating and torturing You mercilessly.
I was the one who spat on You.
I was the one who jeered at You.
I was the one who followed You up The Skull.
I was the one who stripped You.
I was the one who broke Your bones.
I was the one who drove the spikes into
  Your wrists and ankles.
I was the one who placed the crown of thorns
  on Your brow.
I was the one who who carved and placed
  the sign above You in jest.
It read: "Here is the King of the Jews."
I was the one who watched You struggle to breathe.
I was the one who heard You cry out to God.
"Father forgive them for they know not what they do."
"Father why have you forsaken me?"
I was the one who saw You lift Your head
  and cry out: "IT IS FINISHED!!!"
I was the one who then saw You breathe Your last.
I was the one who stabbed a spear
  through Your side.
I was the one who watched Your body taken
  down with such care.
I was the one who watched as You were wrapped 
  in linen.
I was the one who watched You carried away by 
  Your beloved.
I was the one who saw You placed 
  in a borrowed tomb.
I was the one who witnessed a mighty big rock 
  placed over the entrance.
I was the one who watched Your family come
  to mourn over You.
I was the one who saw the rock had been removed.
I was the one who saw that the tomb was empty.
My hands are stained with Your blood.

SCOTT DAVID BUCKLEY-(14/11/2012)




No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to know what you think of this poem.