10/03/2013

I AM THE ONE!

This world is a thorn in my side.
I am expected to fall in and walk the line...
...with every one else.
I am told how to be.
I am told what to think, what is acceptable...
...or unacceptable.
I am told what to be and who I should be.
I am fed all the lines and expected to believe...
...them all.
I choke on them every time.
I am fed up.
I have grown so weary of it all.
I just want to be me.
I just want to be and let be.
To live and let live.
They say that just is not correct.
Who are they anyway?
How can they tell me anything?
They don't know me.
I am me...THEE only me!
I know better than any one.
Even with this broken mind of mine.
The world was what broke me.
I am so sick and tired.
So sick and tired of being sick and tired.
I will stand...I will be counted!
This is my life!
I am the one, THEE only one...
...who's going to live it!
I'm taking my life back.
If you have anything to say to the different...
...YOU CAN JUST SHUT IT!!!
Now, get out of my way!

SCOTT DAVID BUCKLEY-(10/03/2013)

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to know what you think of this poem.