10/04/2013

THE BATTLE IS DONE, THE WAR IS OVER!

I stand amongst the ruins that was my life.
I look around only to see a world 
   that is burning.
I see a scorched and bleeding sky,
   fallen and lying on the ground.
I cannot help it, but to fall to bloodied knees.
With a dirty tear stained face held in 
   broken hands.
That I used to use to pray.
"THIS CANNOT BE THE END!" I scream.
As I take a lung full of acrid smoke.
I fall down choking, staring up at what
   used to be the sky above me.
"NO! NOT THIS!" I cry out.
God where are You?
We need You more than ever!
Jesus please, don't leave us like this.
This time I stand, I stand tall.
I still believe.
"I STILL BELIEVE!" is my cry, 
   my battle cry.
With God all things are possible.
He brought me to it, it will bring me through it.
Because...I still believe!
My Lord, my King, my Saviour!
You are my reason to believe.
Oh my God...my only reason to believe.
For greater is He that is in me!
Than he who is in the world!
So I shall fight.
I will take back my life.
I will surrender it to my Messiah.
Then you will hear me yell, "VICTORY!"
VICTORY! 
Not just the battle, but the war.
On my knees now.
My head in my hands again.
The hands I use to pray.
Thank God...THE WAR IS OVER!

SCOTT DAVID BUCKLEY-(10/04/2013)

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to know what you think of this poem.