14/06/2013

THE WAR WITHIN ME

Take me away.
Far away from myself.
I'm so tired of all the fighting.
I am bogged down in blood and mire.
I am all ragged and ravaged.
Ripped apart and torn.
Save me from myself.
My own worst enemy.
We've been fighting for way too long.
And I have grown weary, oh so weary.
I just want to lay down my arms.
I want to surrender.
I don't want to retreat because I will have to fight another day.
It's time to give up.
Stop all this insanity.
I don't want to fight with myself any more.
Let my white flag fly.
May we come to terms.
Walk away in peace.
Let the healing begin.
Let a new life begin.

SCOTT DAVID BUCKLEY

2 comments:

  1. interesting poem Scott
    i urge you please never ever think of giving up
    talk to people tell your story to someone you trust and they will help you figure out things fast and easy. I assure you. Just the right people, look around.

    peace and luck to you

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your kind comments Victoria, such a beautiful name, but this poem is just an expression, not meant for literal interpretation. Although very personal.

      Delete

I'd love to know what you think of this poem.