28/03/2014

A LONELY CROSS TO BEAR



A cross, yours to bear.
Its weight bears you down.
Your strength wanes.
You insist it's your cross.
Yours to bear alone.
And so you fall.
Beneath the weight of your arrogance.
There are those willing.
There are those offering.
Even Christ needed help to carry His cross.
Don't let your ignorance be the weight that finally buries you.
Even the strong grow weak.
Pride is something that will pull you down.
Do you not see?
That you need me.
Just like I need you.
One is never enough.
We all have our crosses to bear.
And we all need help to do so.
There is no shame here.
There is strength in the sharing of weakness.
We're all broken and have fallen.
"Here's my hand...Here's my hand...Here's my hand....
Lift together now, on three."

SCOTT DAVID BUCKLEY

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to know what you think of this poem.